It cannot be mine, it’s ill-fitting. What I need is a life tailor.
Step 1: What do I WANT and Why?
Step 2: How do I get there?
Step 3: Research and resources
- Entrepreneur magazine
- Jobs for Introverts and/or Stay-at-home Moms
- Asked a neighbor, a children’s book editor, for advice & tips
- She provided a treasure-trove of reference books, content editing checklists, style guides, education & publication ideas to consider
- American Copy Editing Society: Quizzes on grammar, punctuation, syntax
- MediaBistro: proofreading course
- Search out local small businesses who need a little extra help now & then
- Virtual Assistant? Personal assistant? Order fulfillment?
- Consider Etsy store or Seniors Craft store to market my handiwork
- Podcasts and webinars
- Normandale CE course catalog
- Consider learning to shoot/edit/photoshop videos
- Consulted with millennial freelancer about my plans
- She encouraged me to chronicle my steps to transformation on this blog
“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” –Lao Tzu